Sunday, March 29, 2015

It just leapt out in front of me

On the beach with George and Holly, Husband bent to pick up a stick, turned back and fell flat on his face over a gigantic rock.
You would have been proud of me. There he was, spread-eagled, feet dangling off one end, chin almost in the sand on the other, and I didn't laugh. Not immediately anyway.

I played the role of caring wife very well. 'Are you all right, dear? That was a nasty fall.'

He was fine - although momentarily confused as to why he was horizontal instead of vertical - apart from a nasty cut on his leg so then I laughed.

And spent the rest of the afternoon spontaneously erupting into giggles every time I thought of it. These little pleasures of married life are what make it worthwhile.



2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You'll have to bake him a cake in reparation ... not rock buns , though .

Trubes said...

I would have laughed too Liz, Ian has a penchant for falling off sun loungers on crowded beaches, much to the amusement of all around.
That's what husbands are for Liz to keep us suitably amused by doing funny things!

Di xx